SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING
The School of Architecture and Planning, Anna University, one of the premier Institutions of the nation was initially established as a Department of Architecture of the University of Madras in the year 1957 and was located in the Alagappa College of Technology, offering five year Bachelor Degree Course in Architecture with 20 seats intake. The department was later renamed as the School of Architecture and Planning, and shifted to its own independent campus in the year 1968.Currently Dr.Monsingh David Devadas is the Dean, School of Architecture and Planning. The School functions as two departments namely Department of Architecture and Department of Planning headed by Dr.Suresh Kuppuswamy and Dr.Abdul Razak Mohamed respectively.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The B.Arch course, which was started with an intake of 20 students, is now expanded to the current intake of 80 from the early 2010. The Department of Architecture consolidated its aspiration to serve the society at large by establishing higher degree courses in Architecture with specialized courses, namely M.Arch. (Digital) and M.Arch. (Landscape) as self supporting courses from 2002, with an annual intake of 20 students each.