Dr. S. Meenakshisundaram has been working on Bioprocess Technology & Automation.
- Production and Purification of r-DNA derived industrially important proteins under different metabolic control system.
- Process Control and Modeling of biological systems & development of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System.
- Experimental, theoretical and control aspects of bioreactors operating under batch or continuous conditions.
- High productivity fermentations using Fed Batch cultivation and Total cell retention culture.
- Development of online analytical system for monitoring the growth, substrate utilization and product formation.
- Isolation of novel strains for the biodegradation and bioconversion studies.
Technology Business Incubator:
Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University has started Technology Business Incubator with the support of Department of Science and Technology, India and AU-APCTT. The objective of the incubator is to develop process from concept level to industrial scale. TBI will provide infrastructure on demand to the industries/entrepreneurs to evaluate the techno-economic feasibility of the project.
The centre is well equipped with all essential equipments for Bioprocess development, Recombinant DNA Technology, Immuno technology, Tissue culture, Drug discovery, Protein engineering, Bio-transformation and Bioinformatics.
Expert guidance for the incubated industries is available from the faculties of the centre and the advisory committee of the Incubator. Manpower can be either resourced from the industry of from the centre for development and evaluation of the project. Incubator will provide technical guidance for successfully implementing the project.
Dr. S. Meenakshisundaram completed his Ph.D. in Biotechnology from Anna University. He worked in Biopesticide Industry in Chennai. Currently, he is an Asst. Professor & Technology Business Incubator Manager