The School of Architecture and Planning established in 1957 is one of the premier institutions of the nation, conducts five year UG course in Architecture and three PG courses in Architecture and Planning. ie M.Arch Landscape, M.Arch Digital and M.Plan courses. The school has a separate state of art library with collection of publications of about 15,000 including books, Journals, thesis reports and back volumes etc. The Library as now become a resource center for Architectural colleges of Tamilnadu as well as for other States.
The School of Architecture and Planning Library is located at School of Architecture and Planning Campus covering an area of about 1200 sq.mts. Around 350 UG, PG and research students are accessing the Library. Fifteen Ph.D and MS (Research) students are also the members of the Library.
Knowledge-based services like Reference, E-services, Bibliography, Reprography, services are provided by the library for its users, Students are benefiting the other services like MALIBNET, DELNET, CD-ROM Databases from University Library, Video Cameras have been fixed at tangible points for surveillance. The Library also preserving the Question Papers for last five years.