ON - GOING ACTIVITIES OF THE C.U.I.C
- Conducting Programmes for the benefit of the students on Improving Communication skills, Assertiveness, Developing Leadership Qualities and Motivation.
- Conducting programmes for the benefit of the Teaching Research Associates and Placement and Training Officers on Industrial Expectations.
- Career Guidance and Counseling for the students of U.G and P.G Programmes at regular intervals.
- Conducting Programmes on "Challenging Opportunities in Indian Civil Services and Defence Services at frequent intervals.
- Conducting Seminars, Symposia and Workshops on current topics of national interest to Industrial Personnel.
- Publishing Quarterly CUIC Newsletter which serves to the need of the academic community, Industrial Personnel and Policy-level Planners at the national level.
- Interacting with various Industrial Personnel and consolidating the Industrial demand/expectations for the benefit of the students.
- Organizing need-based Training in the latest Software tools, Mainframe Computer Training and other Orientation Programme for various Departments.
- Developed different Monographs and Modules to suit the needs of the industries.
- Co-ordinating Industrial Consultancy/Testing/Research in Collaboration with various other Departments of the University.
- The aims and objectives are to provide jobs for 3,000 students of UG & PG Programmes in the departments of Anna University.
- Companies numbering around 200 from all over India and abroad visit the campus and conduct methodical test and interviews for the recruitment of students.
- The companies include Software Engineering like TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys and other IT related companies.
- MNC’s (Dream Job Offer) like D.E.Shaw, Oracle, Yahoo, Microsoft, IBM, Cisco etc.
- Core Engineering companies like Reliance Technologies, Ashok Leyland, Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, L&T, TVS Motor, Maruti Udyog, Bajaj and other related engineering companies visit our campus for recruitment
- The salary structure of normal IT & Core Companies are ranging from Rs. 2.25 to 4.00 Lakhs and Dream Job Companies are ranging from Rs. 4.00 to 11.5 Lakhs
- No. of students placed every year is around 95% in UG and 80% in PG.
- At least one industrial visit for each course work is mandatory and the industrial visits are arranged by the respective departments conducting courses in conjunction with CUIC.
- CUIC plays a vital role in identifying the core industries and provide a appropriate liaison activities.
- Industrial Training is Mandatory for many Branches of engineering & management studies and CUIC plays an important role in arranging the training programmes and internship with appropriate industries in our country.
- In collaboration with MNC’s companies the internship programme is conducted by CUIC for the candidates placed, during the vacation periods.
Training is focused on:-
- Communication Skills
- Core Competency Development
- Career Guidance & Counseling
- Mentorship Development
Tamil Nadu State Level Placement Programme (TNSLPP)
- Engineering, Technology & Management students eligible for placement in 222 Colleges affiliated to Anna University will participate in this activity.
- Deemed Universities and Autonomous Colleges are not eligible to participate.
The locations are:
MOU BETWEEN INDUSTRY – INSTITUTE
- CTS, Chennai.
- MNC Companies like Caterpillar, Aricent, Wipro are in pipe line.
Future Emerging Trends…. e-Campus Recruitment – an overview
- Requesting organization to conduct on-line test
- Interviews may be conducted on a mutually convenient date either at centralized place or at zonal areas for the short-listed candidates
- Interview may also be conducted through video conferencing
- Publication of results in the portal