Objectives of Centre for Intellectual Property Rights,Annauniversity Chenni :
- To promote Intellectual Property awareness among students, faculties through streamlined awareness campaigns.
- To organize short-term Intellectual Property modules, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- To conserve million worth Intellectual creations generated by Engineering students and Research scholars through streamlined approach in Patent Filing
- To assist Academicians, Researchers, Students and Entrepreneurs to register their Patents and Trademarks in an effective manner
- To develop a symbiotic technology transfer mechanism between Technology providers and its end users.
- To develop a methodology to monitor the present level of technology and its future development.
Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, (CIPR) Anna University Chennai, was working as a project centre for providing E and IT Patent Visualization and Alert services. The project was granted by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology-Government of India, New Delhi.
As part of the project, the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights has delivered the following:
- A glimpse of Indian E& IT Patents (Volume I and II) – The above volume contains details about granted Electronics and Information Technology patents (2000-2007)
- Technology Alert Patent System Reports gives detail about the current technologies in E & IT.
- Students Seminars conducted in various affiliated Engineering colleges.
- International / National Seminar which was conducted recently dealt about the International patenting systems
- Small and Medium scale Entrepreneurs Seminars
- Technology Of Transfer details about various patented invention transfer
- Patent Filing
- Analysis Report
- Intellectual Property Rights policy for Anna University Chennai, framed and approved by Syndicate of Anna University Chennai
Forthcoming Activities of CIPR:
As a part of the project the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights intends to conduct the following activities
- A glimpse of Indian E & IT Patents Volume III and IV
- Technology of Transfer details about various patented inventions.
- Patent Filing.
- Create a database of Student’s final year project works.
- Annual analysis report
- To create database of patents filed by Indian Universities.
- To conduct seminars for students and researchers.
- IP audit Report
- To conduct International/National seminar for Small and Medium scale Entrepreneurs