MECHANICAL ENGINEERING LAB
- ⇒ In mechanical engineering lab students will learn about the concept of IC Engine and its working along with practical experiments.
- ⇒ To conduct performance test in order to know about the efficiency of the engine.
- ⇒ Heat balance test is conducted to maintain the heat released from the engine and to prolong the lifetime of the engine from the effect of overall heat energy that will damage the internal parts of the engine.
- ⇒ In industries without engine nothing can’t be done, in order to manufacture or produce products and to transport materials.
- ⇒ In this lab they will learn about economic balance of conservation of fuel for the production in industries.
- ⇒ They will learn to do combustion testing, pollution level, residue testing and efficiency which will be useful for them in future to do research purposes in biofuel and all etc.
- ⇒ This lab will be useful for chemical engineers to understand about thermodynamics and the process carried out in it to maintain the operation and also gives safety knowledge about the IC engines.
FLUID MECHANICS LAB
- ⇒ Fluid Mechanics Laboratory makes the basement to learn experimentally how to calibrate flow meters, find pressure loss for fluid flows and determine pump characteristics.
- ⇒ The lab contains various equipment such as viscometer, venturi meter, orifice meter, rotameter, weir, open drum with orifice, pipes and fittings, helical and spiral coils.
- ⇒ The laboratory makes the students to know how to use variable area flow meters and variable head flow meters.
- ⇒ Analyze the flow of fluids through closed conduits, open channels and flow past immersed bodies.
- ⇒ Selection of pumps for the transportation of fluids based on process conditions/requirements and fluid properties.
MECHANICAL OPERATION LAB
- ⇒ Knowledge on different types of crushing equipments and separation characteristics were gained through Mechanical Operation Laboratory.
- ⇒ The laboratory contains several equipments such as sieve shaker, leaf filter, plate and Frame Filter Press, Sedimentation Jar, Jaw Crusher, Ball Mill, Cyclone Separator, Roll Crusher, Elutriator, Drop Weight Crusher and Sieves.
- ⇒ The lab makes use of the students to understand the working principles of every equipment and makes them to determine work index, average particle size through experiments by crushers, ball mill and conducting sieve analysis.
- ⇒ Analysis of efficiency of separation equipment such as cyclone separator, sedimentation, Filters etc.
HEAT TRANSFER LAB
- ⇒ Heat Transfer Laboratory makes the students to develop a sound working knowledge on different types of heat transfer equipment.
- ⇒ From the laboratory students gain the knowledge on determining Heat transfer co-efficient, evaluation of performance of different types of equipment including cooling towers, tray dryers, pan evaporator, packed bed, heat exchangers, condensers, helical coils and agitated vessels.
MASS TRANSFER LAB
- ⇒ Different types of mass transfer equipments such as Simple distillation setup, Steam distillation setup, Packed column, Liquid-liquid extractor, forced draft dryer, Wetted wall column, Ion exchange column, rotating disc contactor, Cooling tower, Absorption column are available in Mass Transfer Laboratory.
- ⇒ Knowledge from the lab is to determine diffusivity, mass transfer rate and mass transfer co-efficient of given system using fundamental principles.
- ⇒ Evaluation of the performance in different equipments like Distillation, Leaching, Extraction and Drying operations can be done.
CHEMICAL REACTION ENGINEERING LAB
- ⇒ Chemical Reaction Engineering Laboratory provides the working knowledge on different types of reactors such as Batch reactor, Plug flow reactor, CSTR, Sono-chemical reactor, photochemical reactor, Packed bed reactor.
- ⇒ The lab helps to understand rate equation for different types of reactors, conversion and effect of temperature on rate constant.
- ⇒ The performance of Plug Flow Mixed flow and Packed bed by studying the residence time distribution.
PROCESS CONTROL LAB
- ⇒ Process Control Laboratory provides an experimental training about the control systems.
- ⇒ To analyze and tune the control systems unto stability and can understand the prerequisites of control strategies and design different process control systems.
- ⇒ The lab also provides the students to evaluate the suitable controllers for different chemical process.
- ⇒ Able to determine the response of a first order and second order system for various input.
- ⇒ Understand the difference between an open loop and closed loop system.
- ⇒ Understand the concept of three classical controller P, PI, PID controller.
- ⇒ Understand the concept of stability and tuning of a system CO6: Understand about the different type of control valves.
COMPUTATIONAL PROGRAMMING LAB
- ⇒ Computational Programming Laboratory makes the students to solve chemical engineering problems from core courses using C and MATLAB programming and also using computational tools like Excel and Aspen.
- ⇒ The lab gives the knowledge to analyse and estimate the physical properties of data bank and non-data bank components.
- ⇒ To calculate bubble and dew points and generate T-xy and P-xy diagram by simulating flash drum using ASPEN PLUS Process Simulator.