+91 44 22357800

Power Engineering & Management

About the Division

The PG Programme in Power Engineering and Management under the Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2013 with an intake of 20 students. This course is offered as a Full-time programme, to encourage the fresh engineers and professionals to enrich their technical skills in the field of Power Engineering and Management.


To create technical and management skills with expertise in the latest technological advancements in power engineering and management and also to take up the challenges in the future developments with alternate, new energy sources.

About the Curriculum

Designed by academicians, researchers and industrialists, the curriculum concentrates to meet the emerging demands of the Industrial and the Research Groups. The syllabus focuses on various areas like Power Engineering, Energy Conversion, Energy Management and Audit, Renewable Energy Technologies, etc.

Infrastructure facilities

The Power Engineering and Management Division has invested to develop fully equipped laboratories that concentrate on Smart Grid, Renewable Energy and Energy Audit to meet the requirement of Research & Development in this area. The lab is equipped with Target board supported software packages like LABVIEW, MATLAB with multiple user options.

About the Students, Placements and Industrial Visits

The statistical observation on the department placement profile is 60% of placement in core and IT industries and the rest 40% as teaching faculties and research peer. The companies and organizations include Vestas, NiN Energy India, Effica Energy, Alstom, ABB Global, Toshiba, Infosys, Accenture, Wipro, HP HCL, TCS, IBM, CTS etc. The students have undergone industrial visits to NLC, NTPC, ISRO, CSIR, AshokLeyland etc., to gain industrial knowledge.


The department is engaged with research activities in various domains of Power Engineering and Management. The research areas include Smart Grid, Plugin Electric Vehicle, Renewable Technologies, Storage Systems, Control of Electrical Machines and managing mechanical vibrations in machines.