Anna University, one of the premier institutes in the country, considering the importance of energy security and the environmental conservation started M.E programs in Energy Engineering in the year 1989 under Centre for New and Renewable Sources of Energy and Solar Energy in the year 2010 under the Institute for Energy Studies (IES). This Institute has state-of-art facilities in the field of energy engineering with eminent faculty members which serve as a hub for learning and gaining hands-on experience in the fascinated field of energy engineering.
The major Hallmarks of our Institute are
- Provides academic fellowship sponsored by Ministry for New & Renewable Energy Sources and Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India
- Apex Institute for Ministry for New & Renewable Energy Sources ( MNRE ) , Govt of India on Biomass Resource Assessment Studies for Southern India
- Technical Backup Cell to Tamilnadu Energy Development Agency, Govt of Tamilnadu on Sustainable Development of
Energy Security in Remote Villages
- Approved Energy Auditor of
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
- Petroleum Conservation and Research Association (PCRA), Ministry of Petroleum, Government of India.
- Tamilnadu Electricity Board (TNEB), Government of Tamil Nadu
- Electrical Inspectorate, Government of Kerala
- Carrying intensive Research in the field of Alternate Energy, Energy Storage, Energy Efficient Buildings, Biomass Gasification, Nano PCM and fluids, and Energy Modeling.
You are welcome to contact us for the Consultancy and Training in the field of Energy auditing and Renewable energy applications.