Over the last five decades, the Centre acquired a tremendous amount of experience in the analytical field including determination of heavy metals, trace organics and pathogenic micro-organisms and has been sharing the experience by undertaking research and consultancy projects to benefit the industry. The consultation contracts of the Centre have been from many organizations, few of which includes Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Larsen & Toubro (L&T), Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority (CMDA), Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) companies in Tamilnadu, Tamil Nadu Petroproducts Ltd., GMR Power Corporation, Federation of CEPTs in Tirupur, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, Brakes India Ltd., Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board, Tamilnadu Water Supply and Drainage Board, Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board, Industrial Finance Corporation of India, and German Technical Co operative Agency (GTZ), Germany.
The Centre offers consultancy services in the areas of
- Water and wastewater processing/recycling.
- Water Distribution and Sewerage Systems.
- Biotechnology for wastewater treatment.
- The kinetics of degradation of organic contents.
- Cleaner Production.
- Natural/biological water and wastewater treatment.
- Advanced oxidation processes for wastewater treatment.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Information about the organic and inorganic contents.
- Environmental Impact assessment of Developmental Projects.
- Technical evaluation of common effluent treatment plant.
- Environmental auditing.
- Environmental management systems.
- Solid waste management.
- Environmental analysis.
- Onsite sampling and testing.
- Laboratory design and construction.