Workshop/ Training/ Conference
The Department of Mining Engineering has actively involved in organising workshops and symposiums jointly with the support of Tamil Nadu Mines Safety Association (TNMSA) and Mining Engineers’
Association of India -Tamil Nadu Chapter (MEAI-TN Chapter) for the benefits of stakeholders from industry – both mining and civil construction. The tailor-made programs are prepared to cater the specific demands of the industry and some of
them are exclusively organised for executives of the industry. The training programs are also organised at the location of the industry for the convenience of the officials and workmen and the areas covered in the Training:
- Optimisation of blast design parameters for surface.
- Controlled Blasting for Surface Mines and Urban Environment
- Control of Environment Effects due to Blasting in Quarries
- Monitoring & control of fly-rock, ground vibration, air overpressure and rockmass damage
- Advanced Rock Blasting Techniques for Mining and Civil Engineers
- Mine Management and Safety
- Slope Stability in Surface Mines
- Mine Planning for Better Utilisation of Ore and Higher Productivity in Surface Mines
- Basic Rock Mechanics for Mining and Civil Engineers
- Advanced Rock Mechanics for Mining and Civil Engineers
Short courses are usually held on concurrent topics to suit the budding requirement of the industry. it is often held at site for client-specific requirement.
Courses held at Anna University campus are open to participants from various industries on nominal fee basis. Some of the Short term courses of duration one/two weeks conducted by the department are given below.
- Hydraulics in Mining Equipment
- Trackless mining equipment
- Condition Monitoring of Mining Equipment
- Failure Analysis of Equipment Components
- Crushers & Crushing – An Update
- Machine Vibration & Diagnostic Maintenance
- Drills & Drilling – An Update,
- Advances in Mine Workshop Practices
- Opencast mining machinery for the Executives
- Reliability analysis of mining equipment
- Quarrying & Crushing Technology
With the support of National institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), the Department of Mining Engineering has installed the state-of-the-art facilities for
- Design of rock excavations in Deep Sea Mining Technology
- Simulated Laboratory for Soil-Machine Interaction Studies in Ocean Mining
The mandate of our Department is to provide enabling technology to mining, civil and construction sectors to optimise their resources.
||Indo-German International Joint Scientific Workshop on “Recent advancement in online/remotewater qualitymonitoring and management technologies”
Sponsor: Indo-German Science and Technology Centre (IGSTC-DST), Govt. of India
|02-02-2016 to 04-02-2016
||National Training Programme on “Geospatial Technologies”
Sponsor: Department of Science & Technology (DST-NRDMS) Govt. of India.
|08-02-2017 to 10-02-2017
||National Level Symposium cum Expo (MineFest India-2014) – ‘Socio-Mechanics of Mining - Present & Future’
Sponsor: Department of Mining Engineering, Mining Engineers Association of India (Tamilnadu Chapter), NLC India Limited, Neyveli.
|17th to 19th July, 2014
||NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MINING SAFETY 360- Creating Value through Collaboration!
Sponsor: Tamilnadu Mines Safety Association & DGMS, Regional Office, Chennai
Knowledge Partner: Department of Mining Engineering, Anna University.
|13th to 14th July, 2018
||Guest lecture on GROWTH MINDSET IS THE KEY TO YOUR SUCCESS
Mr. GANA CHANDRASEKARAN, Virtual CTO, Microsoft, USA.
||Online Webinar on: Automatically Detecting Subtle Errors in Data!Dr. RAJIVE GANGULI, Malcolm McKinnon Professor of Mining Engineering, University of Utah, USA
||28th June 2020
||Online Webinar on: Myths and Facts about Corona - An Enlightening Session for the Academicians and Industrialists!
Dr. G. JAYARAJ, Occupational Health Expert & Formerly Executive Director (Medical Services),
NLC India Limited, Neyveli.
|19th July 2020