Consequent on the issue of Anna University (Amendment) Act, 2001 about 245 Engg. Colleges in Tamil Nadu including Constituent Colleges are coming under the control of Anna University. To look after the following works in connection with the student Affairs and Academic matters, the Student Affairs section was established vide Registrar’s Proceedings No.6806/PR 14 /2002 dated 13.6.2002.
- Issue of Provisional Eligibility Certificates to other State candidates.
- Checking and issuing recognition of qualification for outside candidates of all colleges
- Preparation of authentic nominal roll of students registered with Anna University for all Colleges and communicating to Controller of Examinations
- Updating readmission cases, transfer between Colleges etc. in the authentic list of students
- Collection of Recognition and Administration fees from all affiliated colleges
- Correspondence with all the Colleges on the remittance of fee, admissions and other related matters
- Verification of certificates of all U.G. & P.G. courses other than B.E./B.Tech. and preparation of authentic list
- Verification of Community certificates and receipt of undertakings
- Correspondence with District Collectors to check the genuineness of the community and nativity certificates
- Issue of Proceedings to other sections and to follow-up for settlement of bills/accounts
- Purchase, payment of bills and follow up action with respect to Academic Courses and Student Affairs
- To give clarifications to students, parents, principals and management personnel on the doubts raised by them.
The Centre is headed by Dr. S. Ganesan , who has been designated as Director of the above Centre.