- Centre for Empowerment of Women, Anna University, Chennai organised one day workshop on “Capacity Building for Women in Science and Technology” on Technologists for Social Development” during March 10-12, 2006 at Anna University. About 125 participants for the Colloquium were from various instituions. There were seven keynote addresses by very eminent scientists and technologists during the Colloquium. A panel discussion was arranged on 12th March in the forenoon. Fifty research papers were presented and a proc eeding has been brough out. The proceeding of the colloquium was released on 18th April 2006 at the inaugural function of the UGC Sponsored Sensitization-cum-Training of Trainers workshop on “Capacity Building for women managers in Higher education.
- A workshop on “Effective Teaching” was held on 16th & 17th March 2006. The
workshop was arranged for lectures with less than five years experience from all four constituent colleges of Anna University. One day workshop was arranged for two batches of staff. About 60 lecturers participated in the workshop. The experience related to the programme were met from CPDE fund.
- Centre for Empowerment of Women organised “Laws Protecting Women against Harrasment” on International Women’s Day, 8th March 3007 at Henry Maudslay Auditorum. Ms.B.S.Ajeetha, Advocate, High Court and Dr.Neelavalli, Director, IWD conducted the sessions. Management games to develop workplace skills were also conducted for the staff membmers of Anna University and the prizes to the winners were distributed.
- Centre for Empowerment of Women in coordination with Educational Multimedia Research Cnetre conducted a three day training programme for women within the Anna FM coverage area were given training during 31st January, 1st and 2nd February 2007 at EMRC Video Studio. The programme had the support from M/s.Indicom Software, who provided trainers for programme, this was the part of Corporate Social Responsibility, hence it was a free service from the Company. The number of participants were 32. The fund for the above programme was received from TEQIP.
- Centre fpr Empowerment of Women conducted a three day training on marketing for SHG women. The participants were from Thorraipakkam, Kanniginagar and Secretariat colony. The women were given hands-on experience on preparation of herbal health care products and personal sanitary items. The women were trained on development of Business marketing skills, financial opportunities, packing and marketing. The number of participants benefitted were 35. The above training programme was funded by TEQIP.