The Crystal Growth Centre currently running the following programs
List of Ph.D. Research Scholars
List of Ph.Ds completed
Area of research in the centre are
- Crystal and development of Semiconductor wafers of Ge, GaAs, InP, InSb, CdTe and other III-V materials.
- Non-linear optical crystals of Potassium Aluminium Borate, KTP, KDP and related materials, Urea and related materials, Thio- Urea complexes, other Semi-organic and organic crystals.
- Laser crystals of double Tungstates, doped sapphires and Gadolinium Yttrium Calcium Oxy Borate doped with Neodymium and Gadolinium Calcium Oxy Borate doped with Neodymium.
- Ferroelectric materials of TGS, KDP, BaTiO3 and related materials
- Piezoelectric crystals of lead molybdate, PMN-PT, PZN-PT and others
- Bio-materials of Calcium phosphates and related materials, Cholesterol and related materials, oxalates and tartrates
- Bone replacement material such as Hydroxyapatite at Nano scale
- Heterostructures of GaN, GaAs and other III-V materials
- Sol-Gel processing of Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide.
The expertise available at Crystal Growth Centre, can be extended to the following Industries
- Semiconductor based Industries through transfer of technology for the development of wafers.
- Solid State Lighting industry based on Light Emitting Diodes
- Laser and Optical materials based Industries through supply of raw materials.
- Photonic industries through the technology transfer of LED and other components development.
- Energy and Environment based ventures for the production of solar cells and pollution free energy resource.
- Bio-Industries, through the technology transfer of bio-compatible material development and characterization of materials.
- Nano science and technology based industries
- Thin Film coating industries
M. Phil. Program: Crystal Sceince